Barcelona is a city that impresses with its unique architecture. From the medieval buildings of the Barrio Gotico district in the center of the city and the modernism of Antonio Gaudi, to the super-designer buildings of Barcelona, Barcelona certainly has something very worthwhile to show.
The city’s scenery complements with Roy Lichtenstein’s and Claes Oldenburg’s unique artworks at its streets, fabulous music festivals, stunning hotels, amazing restaurants and many cultural and sporting events.
All of these make Barcelona an ideal. tourist destination.
Must see in Barcelona:
- Gaudi’s architectural constructions, exceptional examples of Catalan Art Nouveau, resembling modern sculptures and still impressing every visitor.
- Sagrada Familia and the famous Casa Mila or La Pedrera (on Passeig de Gracia in the hip neighborhood of Eixample). In addition, you should definitely visit the eccentric Casa Batlló with its colorful mosaics, one of the most special buildings in Europe.
- The Parc Guell, the psychedelic park designed by Gaudí to the west of the city.
- Placa de Sant Felip Neri, one of the most romantic squares in the Gothic Quarter, as well as the Gothic temple of Santa Maria del Mar.
- Black Cat, a statue of Botero in the alternative neighborhood “El Raval”.
- The Columbus statue at Old Harbor with a height of 76 meters.
Parks to visit in Barcelona
- The Parque Central de Poblenou opened for the public in 2008 and is the creation of the French architect Jean Nouvel. Combining modern design with nature, the 55,000 m². Are an oasis in the city center. The meeting point is Plaça de la Sardana in the center of the park, with benches and metal chairs where guests can relax.
- The Botanical Garden of Barcelona is located in the Montjuïc Hill park, while the gardens at Parc del Laberint and Parc de Cervantes are equally impressive. Information here.
- Diagonal Mar is a 35-acre urban park with paths, lakes, green spaces, sports facilities, children’s playgrounds, such as the “Magic Mountain”, and even a special sports venue for dogs.
Thing to do in Barcelona.
There are many happenings, street events that you will certainly love. Here is a website with information about the upcoming events in this spectacular city.
Tip: You certainly have to see a flamenco show in Palacio del Flamenco. You can also visit the Camp Nou, the popular sports arena and the home stadium of FC Barcelona.
Check information here.
Where to stay in Barcelona.
There are many hostels and hotels in Barcelona that offer the opportunity for every tourist to visit this city. If you want an economic solution you can check out the following hostels: Mambo Tango and Rocket Hostels Gracia.