In 2000, an initiative took place to choose the new 7 Wonders of the Modern World from a selection of 200 existing monuments. The popularity poll was led by Canadian-Swiss Bernard Weber and organized by the New7Wonders Foundation based in Zurich, Switzerland, with winners announced on 7 July 2007 in Lisbon.
If you haven’t been in those places, book your tickets and get ready to come face-to-face with spectacular wonders!
- Colosseum – Rome, Italy
- Chichen Itza – Yucatán, Mexico
- Machu Picchu – Cusco Region, Peru
- Taj Mahal – Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Christ the Redeemer – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Petra – Jordan
- Great Wall of China – China
By Danai Aimatidou